The old school at the north of the Village by the Church, was used up to the 1960’s. The School House having been previously made into two cottages, fell into disrepair until restored in 1983. The single storey School Hall attached to the cottages was later restored in 1987 and named Ankcorn House after a local family. This Hall is now used as the Church Hall for regular meetings/choir practice and is hired out for small functions (including Parish Council meetings). The original School House and Hall date back to the 17th century.
On the north edge of the Village is Gorcott Hall, a private home and now wedding venue, and to the north-east stands ‘The Skilts’ a school for children with different needs run by Birmingham City Council. Sir William Jaffray Bart who owned the land where the Old School stood, commissioned the building of the Church in 1888 in memory of his wife.
In the field beyond the Church is a small reservoir used as a fishing pool by Needle Industries Angling Club.